Back to previous results
Building Maintenance Manager
George Town, Cayman Islands
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Assists in all building maintenance related tasks both with internal maintenance team and external contractors and vendors, proactively aiming for a safe and pristine building.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carries out and records maintenance tasks in accordance with the building Strata maintenance schedule.
- Carries out daily maintenance tasks as scheduled by building maintenance manager.
- Completes check lists for arrivals and unoccupied check lists on owner units
- Assists building maintenance manager with regular property inspections
- Assists building manager with upkeep and operation of mechanical and electrical equipment (booster pumps, generators, fire pumps etc.) and operating systems (water pipes, irrigation systems etc).
- Responds to urgent calls (regular and after hours) and contacts all relevant parties to rectify the emergency in the most efficient and safe manner.
- Coordinates cleaning duties with housekeeping on large cleaning projects
- Keeps count and a record of physical stock purchases and advises property manager on replenishment needs.
- Assists external vendors and contractors with onsite visits (Otis, Tropics Pest etc.)
- Assists building maintenance manager with monthly stock inventory
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Ideally possess one trade (plumbing, carpentry, painting etc).
- Proficient in speaking English with good communication skills
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Related degree from a technical college.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Five years working experience in high end luxury condominium or similar environment
- Understanding Cayman and WC Building code
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Understanding of trades and ideally possess one trade (plumbing, carpentry, painting etc)
- Proven maintenance experience including;
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools.
- Ability to take apart machines, equipment, or devices to remove and replace defective parts.
- Ability to check blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs as necessary.
- Ability to use common tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches.
- Experience with precision measuring instruments or electronic testing devices.
- Experience performing routine maintenance.
- Strong organizational and follow up skills.
- Eye for detail.
- Problem solving skills-able to evaluate complex systems and processes
- Professional presentation and attitude.
- Ability to maintain focus while working individually.
- Strong time management skills.
- Safety awareness
HOURS / SHIFTS
Five day shift, 8.30 to 5.00 with a 1 hour lunch break. Also required work over regular 42.5 hour week when team members are on holiday. On call and overtime during emergency situations and peak periods where owner occupancy is high
100% contribution towards Health Insurance. 5% pension contribution. 15 day’s annual vacation. End-of-year bonus opportunity.
$2,306.25 USD paid on 15th and last day of each calendar month. Overtime rate: $25/hr week days, $37.40/hr weekends, $50/hr public holidays, $50/hr on call rate.