Back to previous results

Commercial Litigation (Insolvency) Associate



United States

Job Description

Commercial and Insolvency Litigation Associate

Baraud is working closely with a global longstanding offshore law firm seeking to expand their Commercial Litigation department in the Cayman Islands. Our client is seeking applications from 3 years PQE commonwealth qualified lawyers that have had a substantial focus on Insolvency and Restructuring as the weighting of this position is heavily Insolvency and Restructuring focused.

The Team and Role

  • Working in our client’s Cayman Islands office you will join a highly established and sizeable team with over fifteen (and growing) Commercial Litigation specialists.
  • You will work under two highly accredited Litigation Partners. Needless to say, the Partners technical skills are exceptional, but they are also very present, hands on and engaged in this department and so you will benefit from exposure to them, and the quality Insolvency and Restructuring Litigation matters that they generate.
  • In this role roughly 80% of your caseload will be Insolvency and Restructuring matters with the remaining 20% being a mix of commercial litigation matters such as director and shareholder disputes.

The Candidate

  • You must have a minimum of three years’ post qualification experience, having qualified in a commonwealth jurisdiction.
  • Your post qualification experience should be within a strong Insolvency and Restructuring department within a recognised private practice.
  • Our client seeks applications from individuals that are dedicated to building an offshore career. It is also imperative you are committed and eager to move to the Cayman Islands.
  • The ideal candidate has longevity throughout their legal career to date and is seeking a new firm in which they can join, remain, and build an offshore career with. The island offers a stable economy and no income tax.

Any questions?

Fiona Hill



Like this job post?
Share it with your friends!

You can earn up to $500 simply by referring your friend to Baraud. Learn More.