Back to previous results
Executive Director – AML Compliance
George Town, Cayman Islands
Title: Executive Director - AML Compliance
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Grand Cayman
Salary: US 150,000 - 180,000
- Manage the AML compliance team with responsibility for all AML compliance matters
- Act as an escalation point for KYC matters, PEPs, sanction screening alerts and transaction monitoring.
- Approve high-risk rated relationships.
- Support the development of the AML compliance team through training and interactions.
- Act as a point of final review and response to queries from correspondent banks and other counterparties.
- Develop and update AML related procedures.
- Develop and disseminate AML related metrics to Senior Management, the Board and the ARC.
- Act as the Deputy Money Laundering Reporting Officer.
- Maintain knowledge of regulatory requirements for various entity types and corporate documentation requirements as well as understanding of structures.
- Maintain knowledge of AML/CFT due diligence requirements and correctly apply CIMA AML/CFT requirements/exemptions for all components of complex multi-level organizational structures.
- Ensures knowledge transfer amongst staff in relation to risk & compliance, provides thorough training, and manages and develops team members.
- Able to articulate opinions and communicate decisions to senior management without undue influence
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Law, or a related field (significant relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a formal degree)
- A compliance qualification is a plus (ACAMS or ICA Diploma)
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience working in an AML or compliance role in financial services.
- Extensive knowledge of Cayman Islands AML regulations.
- Experience working in a banking role or with the financial service provider servicing the funds industry (fund administration or a law firm).
- Supervisory experience a must
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information