Back to previous results
George Town, Cayman Islands
Reporting to the Regional Financial Controller and the Assistant Financial Controller, the post-holder will be responsible for assisting with the day-to-day financial control as required.
The successful candidate will be expected to assist staff with billing, disbursement and accounting queries, and will be responsible for reconciling bank statements and allocating incoming funds to relevant client ledgers, providing receipts to the relevant attorney. They will be expected to prepare daily bank deposits and release client and vendor payable cheques, in addition to arranging wire transfers and bank drafts for payments. The post-holder will also be expected to assist the Assistant Financial Controller with weekly vendor reconciliations, and will perform the monthly reconciliations of corporate credit cards. The post-holder will also be responsible for the monitoring of the finance inbox for both Cayman and BVI, and will assist with other projects as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience in a similar role is desirable
- A degree (or working towards a degree) in accounting or relevant field is preferred
- Excellent organisational, time management and communication skills are essential
- Due to the nature of the position, a high degree of integrity, a proven ability to maintain strict confidentiality and the ability to pay attention to detail is essential
- Must have the ability to learn quickly, and work within a team environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products is also required.
- Experience with DMS and AdEx would be an asset.