Back to previous results
George Town, Cayman Islands
A strong technical and project manager within the telecommunications industry primarily responsible for managing multiple concurrent FTTH projects in Grand Cayman and also other applicable projects within the Company where necessary. This includes planning, development and coordination of all aspects of various projects under the direction of COO.
Essential Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Overall responsible for and ownership of end to end Fibre To The Home (FTTH) projects throughout the project life cycles
• Oversee all aspects of fiber distribution and management planning and execution.
• Ensuring fiber allocation is efficient and meets overall technical specifications
• Conduct and facilitate project activities related to scope, schedule, resources, cost estimates and budgets, communications, risk, procurement and development of resulting project documentation
• Handle macro planning, budgeting for future fibre related projects – this includes Financial Year budget planning, Cost benefit planning and inventory management and identification of materials, sourcing and ordering.
• Project accounting (actual Vs budget, estimates to completion)
• Reviewing engineering plans (ensuring coverage, cost efficiency, test of “general sensibility of plan”) and ensuring build is to engineering specification
• Proactively gather information for business cases to support and determine prospective locations to build
• Conduct Aerial and in ground infrastructure technical audit and review
Qualifications & Experience required:
• Degree in Engineering with 5+ years’ experience in Telecommunications industry specifically with Fiber Outside plant Engineering
• Must have demonstrable Project/Programme Management experience with PMP PQE and be Project Management Institute (PMI) certified
• Strong Case and document Management skills – ideally proficient in Sales Force
• Proficient use of project planning software, such as MS Project
• Excellent AutoCAD skills
• Excellent skills in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel and MS Word.
• Strong leadership and negotiation skills with demonstrable supervisory or managerial experience
• Detail oriented, excellent organizational skills and quality focus
• Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight and demanding deadlines.
• Excellent financial and risk management skills
• Able to work outside normal business hours to assist when issues arise with the Fiber Optic network